Wednesday 25 May 2011

Directional Signage around Biggleswade

It was mentioned to me last night at the Town Assembly meeting that there is a sign in Shortmead Street pointing to a Church Street Car Park. There is no Church Street public car park.

Whilst in the town this morning I decided to take a photograph to send to Central Bedfordshire Highways:




I have sent it to Highways this evening-

Please see attached photograph of a sign (on post 31) that directs traffic to a car park in Church Street, Biggleswade. There is no public car park in Church Street.

Can you arrange to have it removed please?
 
__________________________________________________
 
When I turned around from taking the above photographs, I noticed a superstore sign pointing down St Andrews Street.
 

 
 
 Another email to Highways

Attached is a photograph of a “superstore” directional sign in Shortmead Street, (attached to post 32), pointing down St Andrews Street, where there is no superstore.

There is already another sign further back up Shortmead Street (outside Biggles Tandoori) which indicates the superstore is down Church Street.

Can you arrange to have the sign on post 32 removed please?
 
__________________________________________
 
As I walked back along the High Street, I noticed a sign for Market Square and Hitchin Street Shops pointing toward Shortmead Street.
 

 
Yet another email to Highways:
 
Can you arrange to have the double sign moved around 90% so that it actually points to the Market Square and Hitchin Street. Apparently it has been like this for a number of years.
 I have attached photographs.
 
I gave up after that.
 
If you spot anything like this send me a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment