Thursday 1 August 2013

Central Bedfordshire Highways "NEW" Reporting Service


Have you tried the "NEW" Highways reporting service at:
 
 
The web site says:
 
"Register today to report your issue and get updates"
 
I registered and used it to report a problem on 21st June 2013.
 
The report shows on my page says - Ref: 101000001640(Highways Report, sign broken sign)Status: Service Request received.
 
Having seen that the problem had been fixed for several weeks and I had not received any update I went back to check on the web site. The status remained the same:  Service Request received.
 
I emailed Highways on 11th July 2013:

My service request has not been updated.

Ref: 101000001640 (Highways Report, Sign Broken sign) Status: Service request received

I know it was dealt with within a couple of days of reporting it but there are no dates shown, so I do not know when it was reported and presumably when you do get round to updating it and clear it that will not show a date either.
 
The CBC Customers Services response was:
 
Thank you for your email. Your report was raised at 1203hrs on 21st June 2013, and was cleared at 1554hrs on the same day.
 
I hope this has answered your enquiry, however if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
 
I replied on 22nd July 2013:
 
I am not sure you have actually read my email.
 
I told you I know it has been cleared, I told you that there is no update online. There is still no update online.
 
Your web site says : You can now report highways problems online. The progress of your report will appear in the left hand column.
 
There is no point in me writing to you and you giving me the update, I thought the whole point of the  new system was supposed to overcome that need.
 
Can you please just take a moment to address my comment.
 
As is usual with CBC Customer Services, when faced with a difficult question,  they then ignore you.
 
As of today, the status on my reporting page remains the same: Service Request received.
 
Have you used this NEW service and what are your experiences?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment