Sunday 11 August 2013

Biggleswade Town Council - agenda items and missing attachments - another rethink??



As there appeared to me to be a conflict (see below), in what the Mayor told me she said at the meeting of 25th June 2013, and the minutes, I asked the Mayor:

I have now seen the published minutes of the 25th June 2013 and they do not agree with what you told me you said. Have you changed your mind or do the minutes not accurately reflect what was said?
 
The reply:
 
I am satisfied with the minutes. If any person requires attachments that have been inadvertently omitted they may ask for copies.  Please do not use the red font when emailing me. Thank you.
 
_________________________________________________________________

In my previous post:

http://biggleswadeonline.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/biggleswade-town-council-meetings.html

I received from the Mayor two statements:
 
You will see from the minutes of the Biggleswade Town Council meeting of 25th June that I have addressed the issues raised in your email.
 
I stated that if members of the public wanted copies of the attachments to the Agenda they could ask for them when they collected the papers or at the meeting and they would be handed copies.
 
The minutes of the 25th June meeting have now been published and do not agree with what the Mayor told me she said at that meeting.

The minutes state:

If Members of the public felt that when they collect an agenda from the Town Council office, that they would like additional attachments to the agenda, they are to let the staff know and wherever possible this will be rectified.

No comments:

Post a Comment