Saturday 7 April 2012

Lamp Post P5, Dells Lane Biggleswade


On the 3rd November 2010 I reported to Bedfordshire Highways (ref 136504) that Column P5 in Dells lane, Biggleswade was defective in that it did not have a light and the head appeared to be broken. It is a concrete column. I was told at that time that they had spoken to the lighting steward and this was a Parish column and he had informed Biggleswade Town Council that this column needs replacing.

Knowing that some of these things seem to take an inordinate amount of time to go through the system I didn't pursue it and even though I pass it regularly, I have to admit I forgot about it.

On 16th December 2011, I wrote to the Street Lighting & Electrical Steward for Bedfordshire Highways. I had recently seen that he was asking Biggleswade Town Council to fund works to lighting columns in Glebe Road / Laburnham Road, some of which had been brought to his notice by members of the public, but they did not include Dells Lane.

He immediately sent a quotation to Biggleswade Town Council to have the column replaced.

On the 31st March 2012 I asked the Street Lighting & Electrical Steward for a progress report.

On the 2nd April he told me that he had spoken to Biggleswade Town Council, and they have given him an order to do the works, He will now order the STATS information, then he can programme the works, once the column has been erected he can send an order to the electricity company.

No comments:

Post a Comment