Thursday 2 February 2012

Biggleswade Town Council year end accounts 31st March 2010 & 2011 - an update

Previous post 28th December 2011:


Further to my email of 10th December to Councillor W P Smith and copied to Cllr. I Bond & Cllr M Russell, I received a response dated 1st January 2012, saying that I had received a complete set of budget papers for year ending 31st March 2010, on 5th November 2010 not 2011 and apologised for the mistake.

I responded on 8th January 2012:


Attached to my letter of 15th November 2011 was a summary of the events of the six months it took me to get what I thought was a copy of the accounts (breakdown into budget allocation) for year ended 31st March 2010. You will see from this summary, that the documents provided on 5th November 2010 turned out to be a Statement of Accounts, not a complete set of Budget Papers.

Therefore, I still do not have a copy of the year-end accounts (by cost centre) for 2010 and 2011, which reflect the outturn figures of £49,960 and £5876.70 for cost centre 4819, for the respective years. I requested these papers in my letters of the 15th November 2011 and 10th December 2011, but as yet they have not been provided.

I would be grateful if you can arrange for me to be provided with the correct copies of the cost centre breakdown for year ended 31st March 2010 and 2011 by Friday 20th January 2012 at the latest.

I would be grateful if you could personally verify that these are correct before they are sent to me. I have already paid for documents I was led to believe were the correct ones so I do not expect to have to pay again.
  
10th January 2012, email from Councillor W P Smith:

I have spoken to the Town Clerk and he will be in touch to arrange an appointment for you to meet with our Accountant when they next visit the Office. In that way you will be able to address your concerns direct to them and clarify exactly what information is required. The Accountants will be at the Office before 20th January.
This will be the best course of action for us to now take.

After 5 years of providing me with these papers, they suddenly do not know what I want and have passed the buck back to the accountants as they did a year ago.
16th January 2012, email from Town Clerk:

Re: Your e mail to Wendy Smith following up from the internal investigation, I believe that Wendy mentioned that the accountant will be at the Town Council offices on Thursday 19th January 2012.

If you wish to see the accountant he will be available between 10.00am and 12.00pm and between 2.00pm and 3.00pm.

There is no need to make an appointment, just turn up when you are available.

I responded on 16th January 2012 by email and pointed out that Wendy Smith’s email of 10th January 2012 copied to him, made no mention of when the accountant would be at the offices, only by Friday 20th January 2012. I said I would try and get to the offices on Thursday 19th January but it is unlikely I will be able to do so for personal reasons.

At this time I am not sure when I will be able to pursue this or many other issues which are pending.

No comments:

Post a Comment