Saturday 3 September 2011

Have you seen this man?


His name is Councillor Steven Watkins.

The last time I actually saw him was at the Biggleswade Town Council meeting on Tuesday 26th July 2011. It was announced by the Mayor at the Town Council meeting of 23rd August 2011 that Councillor Watkins would be coming later, but he never arrived.

In May/June of this year I had an exchange of emails with Councillor Watkins.


On the 4th August I emailed Councillor Watkins following up three points we were discussing:

1. Him to hold a Councillor surgery in July
2. The contaminated land soil survey for the Kitelands recreation ground play equipment.
3. The repairing of Kitelands lights.

On the 19th August I emailed him again:

Its now over two weeks since I emailed you concerning the issues listed below, and I have had no response.
 
1. Councillor Surgeries
 
You said on 23rd May - “There are no excuses for TC surgeries not being held, I will arrange one for July when I return from holiday and make it a regular thing.”
 
Have I missed it?
 
2. Kitelands New Play Equipment
 
You said on the 23rd May - Council needs to approve the costs of a soil survey for the plans to advance on the new play equipment. I will be pushing for this to happen as I see no reason for this delay.
 
You said on 23rd June – “The soil survey will be on the agenda of the Public Lands and Open Spaces meeting of the 9th August.”

It was not on the agenda and the play equipment was only brought up in the public open session at the end of the meeting. The minutes say –“The Town Clerk advised that he was currently waiting 2 forms of information for a survey to be undertaken to move forward. This item would be brought to the next Council Meeting”. The TC also advised that he would send an email to all Councillors updating them. Have you received this yet and can you update me?
 
3. Kitelands Lights
 
You said on the 23rd May - The lights will not be repaired until the evenings draw in again (I am not happy with this answer, the money is there and so again I will talk to him tomorrow evening)
 
You said on 23rd June – “The lights are still not due to be repaired until August and it was not thought necessary to bring this forward by other councillors so it will just be a case of sitting it out.”
 
Has anything happened yet ??
 
I would appreciate a response on these matters.
 
If anyone comes accross him I would be grateful if you could ask him to respond to me as he is one of my Ward Councillors.

1 comment:

  1. If you ask your Councillor a question(s) and he doesn't reply, what's the point of having a Councillor?

    ReplyDelete