Friday 5 April 2013

Biggleswade Town Councillor Election


 
 
Biggleswade (Part) Stratton
on Thursday 4 April 2013
 
DAWSON, Dalbiro  - The Labour Party Candidate  - 314
RIX, Bernard John  - The Conservative Party Candidate  - 401 Elected
STRACHAN, Duncan Anthony  - Independent - 327


The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows: 

voting for more Candidates than voter was entitled to - 1
being unmarked or wholly void for uncertainty - 7
 
 
Vacant Seats: 1 Electorate: 5735 Ballot Papers Issued: 1050 Turnout: 18.31%

5 comments:

  1. Can I reiterate some information I've posted elsewhere on your site, Richard? It's an honour to be elected as a Biggleswade Town Councillor, and I'm keen to use social media as one way of staying in touch. My Facebook page is www.facebook.com/BJRix, and I'm also on Twitter at @BernardRix. I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernard, when the Town Council web site is updated to include you it would be nice to see your photo on there. The "new" web site has been up and running for a while now and there are still 9 councillors without pictures. A lot of people in Biggleswade would not recognise their councillors in the street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've provided my details, Richard (including photo), though see the website now includes my details but not the photo. Will prompt on this.

    http://www.biggleswadetowncouncil.gov.uk/Biggleswade-TC/councillors_-2763.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No telephone number, no email address or any other contact details, how are your constituents suppose to contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have not added your email address Bernard, there is no mailto link under the words.

    ReplyDelete