Thursday 8 December 2011

Damaged railings Shortmead St/ St Andrews St/ High St roundabout - an update


Further to my post of 1st July 2011:


email 26th August 2011 from Steve Thomas, Senior Engineer, Development Management, CBC.

I am arranging for the damaged railings at the roundabout to be removed. The problem with these railings is that they were constructed to a particular radius rather than made up of a series of straight panels which would have been far easier to maintain. I think the uprights can be salvaged but not the panels.
 
I am also arranging for a number of damaged bollards (like the one in your picture) to be removed and for the paving to be reinstated.
 
My email of 21st October 2011 to Steve Thomas:
 
It is now nearly a couple of months since I last heard from you.

The damaged railings are still in place at the roundabout as are the damaged bollards in Market Square.

Can you tell when / if anything is going to done to resolve these problems??

email 25th October 2011 from Steve Thomas, Senior Engineer, Development Management, CBC.

I'm sorry it's taking so long - I'll chase the contractors.
 
My email of 7th December 2011 to Steve Thomas:
 
I have not yet looked closely at the bollards in the Market Square but some have been cemented back in, one is laying in the road and another is black so does not match the others.

The barriers up to the gap have been removed. It would have made sense to have removed the next damaged barrier that has the top rail missing, is bent and has a piece missing at the base.

Pictures attached.




No comments:

Post a Comment