Wednesday 1 January 2014

Kitelands Recreation Ground Lights - breach of planning conditions again - now resolved ??


previous post on this subject 16th December 2013

http://biggleswadeonline.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/kitelands-recreation-ground-lights.html

17th December 2013 to Planning Enforcement Officer

The lights were off last night at 8.00 pm Monday 16th December 2013 but were back on at 6.00 am this morning.
 
17th December 2013 from Planning Enforcement Officer
 
Good Morning Richard, Thanks for your updates on this. I will speak with the Town Council today.
 
18th December 2013 from Planning Enforcement Officer
 
I spoke with Louise the Deputy Town Clerk of Biggleswade Town Council earlier this morning in respect of the above.
 
Louise confirmed to me that they had had their contractors out to alter the timer.  I told her that only yesterday I had received a further email stating the timing was still not in accordance with the approved hours.  Louise said that she would get on to them straight away and get them out this week to check and adjust as necessary.   
 
Louise was in receipt of my letter formally requesting that this be altered and I believe that finally we should get this matter resolved.
 
20th December 2013, I am told the lights were in compliance with the Planning conditions in the morning and the evening.
 
It appears the lights have been in compliance ever since.
 
I have sent a thank you email to the Deputy Town Clerk:
 
Louise Wilcox
Deputy Town Clerk
Biggleswade Town Council
 
I understand that we, the residents of Holme Court Aveune and Mead End, who overlook the Kitelands Recreation Ground , have you to thank for getting the lights operating within their authorised timings.
 
The lights were installed as part of the "Safer Routes to School" scheme in 2002 and as far as I am aware had been operating within the conditions until May 2010. Since that time we have been trying to get Biggleswade Town Council to comply with the conditions of the Planning Consent. History attached.
 
Not only do they now appear to operate within the conditions but are not on at weekends.
 
Regards & Happy New Year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment