Tuesday 28 June 2011

Biggleswade Town Council Web site

27th June 2011


To Town Clerk to Biggleswade Council and all Council Members

On the 15th July 2010, almost one year ago, I wrote to you with proposals for a much-needed Biggleswade Town web site that serves the needs and profile of the town; the current one is totally unacceptable. Since then nothing has happened. I am aware that the Biggleswade Town Council had budgeted in that year far more for a web site than this would have cost and this went unspent.

This is a matter that is fully within the remit of an unaccredited Town Council.

Please ensure that you raise both my proposal and concern that nothing has happened in 12 months as individual agenda items for consideration by the next full Biggleswade Town Council.
 
The provider of dedicated websites for Parish and Town Councils is called ParishCouncil.net and can details can be found on http://www.parishcouncil.net/ They are still the providers of the excellent web sites that I have given as examples in my letter of July 2010.

You will be pleased to know that the cost for the full Gold package is unchanged from 12 months ago is still only £800; that is £500 for development and £300 for annual hosting.

Note that several of the councils on the links below have Quality Parish Council Status!

I have re-sent here the same documents that I provided to you last year.

You will note that I have communicated this letter to:

Biggleswade Town Councillors (Blind Copies for consideration)
Biggleswade Town Plan Steering Group (for consideration)
Biggleswade Chronicle (for publication)
Biggleswade OnLine Blog (for publication)

Note that I have absolutely no connection with the company I am recommending and have nothing to gain personally; this proposal is solely for the benefit of Biggleswade.

Yours sincerely,

Mr MJ Strange

From: Mike Strange
To: "Rob McGregor" <town.clerk@biggleswadetowncouncil.gov.uk>
Subject: Council Web Site Proposal
Date sent: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:47:15 +0100
Hi Rob,
Here is the package of information about the company I mentioned to you, ParishCouncil.net.
For them to be of any use to you it is essential that you disconnect the web site from IT maintenance. As I said before that are two totally separate technologies and have absolutely no need to be managed by the same company and this one is not interested in being involved with the IT systems.
Here are a set of documents that I have had since February writing until the time seemed right for you to be interested in having a look.
Please do get in touch with Neil, mention my name to him as he was asking recently if I had taken it further and had to say I had not.
I would say - go for Gold at £500 fixed cost and £300 per year it is peanuts for a really quality product that provides so many of the features that people have said they want.
To name but a few of their sites take a look at:
I do not know which package each one has but they give a great idea of what others are enjoying!
If you want to chat more then I am always available.
best regards,
Mike

1 comment:

  1. Since at least 2007, there has been £1500 earmarked each year for the Council web site, which always remains unspent.

    ReplyDelete